Stomach and intestines are not only responsible for our digestion! New research shows that they also affect our mood. With a balanced diet and some simple tips, everyone can contribute positively. We know that stress and unhappy (life) situations hit the stomach. However, research is increasingly based on the fact that there is also athere is an interaction. In short, the condition of the intestine affects physical and mental well-being.
With a few simple tips you can maintain these important digestive organs:
- Drink plenty of water! Diluted fruit and vegetable juices and herbal teas also do the intestines good
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables: best spread over several portions throughout the day – raw or gently cooked
- The intestine needs fiber,preferably in the form of salads, fruits, nuts and so-called pseudo-cereals (millet, quinoa, etc.)
- Some foods only enjoy in moderation or not at all, for example: sugar, fat, meat & sausages
- Don’t forget: Exercise is good for the gut!